9/3/07

Pack up your troubles in your frass leaf bag

Can't get all that worried about the munched canna leaves on my patio. A leaf roller caterpillar is having a splendid feast. Once I've identified it, I'm glad to sit back and enjoy its show. Plus, I got two plastic resin Adirondack chairs for $6.44 each at Home Depot this morning. My old plastic patio chairs migrated to a student apartment in Lubbock, but didn't complete the return journey. Now I can sit out on the patio and contemplate what to have for dinner instead of fresh asparagus.



This caterpillar will roll up to create a lovely leaflike chrysalis. I hope it will pupate in my glass jar, but it is filling the jar with frass at a disturbing rate.

Pack up your troubles in your old kit-bag,
And smile, smile, smile,
While you’ve a lucifer to light your fag,
Smile, boys, that’s the style.
What’s the use of worrying?
It never was worth while, so
Pack up your troubles in your old kit-bag,
And smile, smile, smile.


Been having flashback nightmares to late Seventies weddings lately. Qiana. Jim Croce. Doubleknit. Powder blue. Platform shoes. I don't want to save time in a bottle. I just want to keep the caterpillar in the jar until I know a little bit about it for my files.

We'd like to know a little bit about your for our files
We'd like to help you learn to help yourself.
Look around you all you see are sympathetic eyes,
Stroll around the grounds until you feel at home.

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day 'til eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

© 2007 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...