6/24/07

Ridin' & ropin'

Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip.

Will Rogers



Get along little dust bunnies. It's time for me to drive the herd to the summer range. Moving the computer to greener pastures is a job for Gus and Call straight out of Lonesome Dove . Only things missing are Blue Duck, those swarming water snakes, and Pea Eye wandering around naked in the snow. I could be wrong on some of that, since I read Lonesome Dove just after moving to Texas in 1990. The book took longer to read than it took the Hat Creek gang to drive those dogies from Texas to Montana.

Rope tricks are on my mind whenever I have to lasso the computer cords. I've come a long way from my dude ranch days. Back then I had to use Sharpies and masking tape to make tags for each end of each cord so I could get it all plugged back together and working. Back then I had techno teen cowboys here at the ranch to do most of the herding and riding fences.



Almost visited the Will Rogers Memorial in Claremore, Oklahoma, last drive north. Maybe next time. Instead I enjoyed a visit to the beautiful Philbrook Museum gardens in Tulsa. Still remember the exhibit of gorgeous saddles at the Memorial from the last time I visited----in 1962.


© 2007 Nancy L. Ruder

1 comment:

Genevieve Netz said...

I let my techno teen cowboy ride herd on the DVD/TV/game/satellite setup, but I personally wrangle the computer cords.

By the way, if you have an old coil-type telephone cord, you can cut it into 2 inch sections and use it to keep cords in place. Wrap a section of coil around a few cords to bundle them together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...